Saturday, October 6, 2012

Inspiration Explanations

I am currently participating in the #fmsphotoaday Monthly Photo Challenge.  You take a photo each day based on the prompt from a list provided here.  It’s a great way to have fun with your photography whether you use a DSLR or Instagram.
Here is the list for October.  The proOctober-photo-a-day-list_zps8380355empts are short, simple, and can be interpreted in many different ways.  It is so interesting to see all the photos together to see the wide variety of styles and stories behind the shot.

I started on day 3.  I wanted to share the photos for the last few days and to share the story of the shot.
Day 3 – This Happened Today
IMG_20121003_205034
Nothing much had happened that day that I felt might be “important” enough to take a photo and share it.  Then, that evening, my daughter, K, and I were sitting in the sunroom, playing in the floor.  K started getting up on his hands and knees and rocking, pushing himself forward.  It’s not a quite a crawl, but it’s close.

 
 
Day 4 – What I Read
IMG_20121004_121813I took two photos for Day 4.  As I was sitting at my desk, I was eating Trader Joe’s Nutty Bits.  They are so amazingly yummy and addictive.  Jokingly, I said “These must contain crack.  Let me read the label to see what’s in them.”  Picture – I read the label.

PhotoGrid_1349377705952
I also wanted to use that day to take a picture of my new favorite toy, my Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight.  In August, some <insert ugly words here> broke into my house, stole my laptop computer, family jewelry, our Wii, some other small items and my Kindle Reader.  I replaced my Kindle with a Nook and I love it.  I am a pretty avid reader and I read every night to go to sleep.  The glow light is perfect and it is my new favorite toy.
 
Day 5 – Shadow
IMG_20121005_111559I decided as I was taking K to daycare that morning that the sun was perfect for a shadow picture in the park.  Who would have thought when I turned 50 that I would be doing the day care drop off every morning?  And here I am, a little over a year later, doing it every day and loving it.  Who knows what is to come in the next few years?
 
Day 6 – I’m Thankful For . . .
PhotoGrid_1349549415149_resized
I knew right away what I wanted to do for this theme.  Every Saturday morning for a few years, I have met a friend or several friends at a coffee shop downtown for coffee.  It started when my friend Nineette and I would go there between yoga class and dance class on Saturdays.  The manager, Matt, remembered us the second time we came in and he remains the heart of this place, calling people by name, remembering orders, asking about family.  Over the last couple of years other friends have joined us at various times but for the last year it has mainly been me, Nineette, our friend Marisol, my daughter and I.  Occasionally we bring our kids sometimes it’s just us.  Matt, his wife and daughter are always there, even if it’s just to pop in and check on things or to have band practice in the back room.  Marisol and Nineette gave my daughter a baby shower in the back room.  We are considering having K’s 1st birthday there.

So I am thankful for Remedy.  Thankful for having this special place to come together every Saturday as friends.  Thankful for Matt and his family.  Thankful for this group of women.

If you are participating in this challenge or another type of challenge, share the link or hash tag in the comments section so we can check it out.

0 comments: