Thursday, October 1, 2009

Welcome October

stuck

"Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn."

- Elizabeth Lawrence

I am so very glad to see October arrive. Fall is my favorite season and in Tennessee, October is one of the most beautiful months. The weather cools off, the light changes, the leaves turn beautiful colors and the countdown to the autumn holidays begins.

There are a few other things that I love about October:

  • It is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
  • College Football is in full swing
  • It’s my Blog’s 2nd Anniversary!

Last year, I found Blurb. It is a website where you can download the software to your computer that allows you to lay out and create a book of anything you want. Once you get it all laid out, you upload it to the website and they print the book for you. The cool thing is . . . you can download your blog into the software and then print it in hardbound form, saving it forever. I did that last year for the first anniversary of my blog and will doing it again soon for the second year. I figure that way, maybe my grandchildren will one day read about how it was way back in 2008 and 2009 and will maybe know their old grandmother a little better.

Weight Loss Update - I am going to try to keep my “scale days” to once a month around the first day of the month. As today is the first day of October, I weighed this morning and I have lost 30 pounds in 10 weeks. I am very happy with the progress.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comments:

Blog Submission said...

You have a great blog, submit your headline on blogadder [http://www.blogadder.info/2009/08/how-to-get-more-visitor-auto-submit.html] to get more visitor