Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sweet!

Sometimes I need motivation to do things, even things I love. You all know from reading this blog that one of my passions is photography. I love the creativity and challenge of photography. Even when you love something, sometimes you need a break.

I have been taking a break. I used to carry my camera with me everywhere. I bought purses based on whether or not my 35mm camera with huge zoom lens would fit in them. I took photos pretty much daily.

Then sometime around the holidays, I got tired of trying to come up with something different. I got a little bored. I took a photography class with my son and other than working on assignments and a couple of family outings, I pretty much left my camera alone.

The other day, I learned of a Flickr group called Project 50. It challenges it's members to take 50 photos (1 every day) for 50 days with a 50mm lens. Since my 50mm lens is my favorite and I could take photos during the challenge of anything I wanted, I decided to join the group.

I took my first shot today. While I was on the way home yesterday, I stopped at a small stand and bought a few cupcakes. The "Chocolate Covered Strawberry" cupcake was just sitting there this morning, with it's red and white sprinkles atop the creamy brown icing, just begging to be photographed. I tried shooting it in the kitchen. The light wasn't right. I moved it into the sunroom. The light was good but the background was boring. Finally I took a box with a blue top and set it on top of a stack of magazines right in front of the window. Score!

I love it when motivation strikes. I can't wait until tomorrow to do my next shot. I have an idea planned out already. It's been a long time since I planned out a photo shoot. I am excited. Can you tell?

3 comments:

Ruth D~ said...

Something different, a different twist, even if on an old thing . . . it's all we need. And my mouth is watering!!

mutuelle said...

I enjoy photography also and I hope if we make a blog together ,try to find me on twitter.com/elmissouri

mutuelle said...

very nice