Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Favorite Son

On Tuesday, my favorite son will turn 23.

I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he waxed philosophical. "I haven't really thought about it, it's really not that big of a deal. Twenty-three seems too old to be young and too young to be old."

Wow.

That conversation reminded me of a song by Colbie Caillat. It's called "Older".

Seems like nothing is black and white anymore
Shades of gray and I feel a weight over my shoulder
It's tough getting older
I always thought that I knew where I'd want to go
Now I'm here and I find that I'm still getting colder
It's kinda tough getting older

Here before my eyes
Many roads ahead
Time for me to choose one way now
If I take a chance
What lies down the road
Feeling so confused
Turned around
On and on
On and on


I know he will figure it all out. Just know I love you, favorite son, and I hope your birthday is wonderful.

0 comments: