Saturday, February 7, 2009

Confusing Times

I have been quite busy lately, spending lots of time running from one thing to another. Lots of time in the car listening to the radio. There is a lot of news lately that leaves me bewildered. These are weird times we live in, we all know that. But lately, there have been some things occurring in our country that leave me wondering about our collective common sense. Here are a few of those things:

1. Do you have to be nominated by a president for a cabinet position to find out you didn't pay taxes? Shouldn't they have some idea about their taxes or at least a clue that someone might find out?

2. When can I go back to assuming my food is safe to eat? Just when I began eating spinach again, peanut butter became a deadly snack.

3. When your company fails and has to be bailed out by the taxpayers, what kind of arrogant idiot rewards people with bonuses and high dollar retreats?

4. Why is Jessica Simpson fat and what does that make me?

5. What type of doctor would agree to implant 6 embryos in a woman who is single, lives with her parents and already has 6 children? I feel a reality show coming soon.

6. Why is Popcorn Sutton in jail and Bernie Madoff is not?

7. When is the news media going to get over Joe the Plumber and quit putting his face on the news?

8. When are young celebrities such as Miley Cyrus and Michael Phelps going to realize that EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING they do will show up in the news?

9. Is anyone really that surprised anymore when an athlete, the latest being Alex Rodriguez, tests positive for steroids?

10. Is it weird that 9 things are confusing to me but not 10? I don't have a 10th thing but I just like round, even numbers. It's an OCD kinda thing.

So if you have answers, please share. If you are confused by something not on this list, share that. Maybe it can be my number 10.

3 comments:

katie said...

I've got a number 10: Why are my tax dollars being sent to foreign countries for their abortions?

Anna Lefler said...

I hear you. That's why I had to stop taking in any news.

I don't miss it.

Life is better without it - and replaced with books and friends! Yay!

Take care...

:^) Anna

Wanda said...

I agree with everyone you gave! So I will just hit BOLD to say Amen to all 9, and the 10 added by Katie!