Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's Starting To Feel A Lot Like Christmas

We have been working on getting some holiday spirit. Today, the elf meter rose a couple of notches.

After making some homemade chicken soup for my son's ailing room mate, I was in the mood to bake. I put the Ipod on the speakers and hit the Holiday Playlist.

My daughter made a dash to the grocery store to pick up some missing items and then we got busy.

She loves to make sugar cookies and decorate them. What a mess! But she worked for over two hours rolling, cutting, baking, decorating with icing, sprinkles, and sugar. It makes her happy. She ended up with 10 cookies, 4 of which we are not allowed to eat because "they are too pretty".

While she baked, I made a rum cake and chocolate bourbon balls. Holiday goodies in the south just seem to beg for a spike or two. We sang along with the traditional Christmas carols and the new, modern holiday songs.

So I think my Bah Humbug period may be coming to an end. I guess it's something you can't force, it just hits you when it feels like it. Welcome Christmas.


1 comments:

Wanda said...

Hi Tere ~~ What a darling picture of your daughter making the cookies. They look yummy.

It's good to be back home now, and finish up my decorations and start my baking.

Banana Bread, Cinnamon Swirl loaves, my mom's famous English Toffee.

Thanks for visiting while I was in Vegas.

Merry Christmas... will be posting my tea cup tree soon.

Love and Hugs
Wanda