Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gearing Up For Holiday Cheer

Meet Cleo.

Cleo is a 3-legged, foul breathed, snaggle-toothed, seizure afflicted, yappy princess with lesbian tendencies.

Her full name is Foxy Cleopatra, just Cleo for short. We adopted her from the shelter a few years ago and we think she is over 10 years old. She has a back leg that is useless but it really does not slow her down whatsoever. She has seizures occasionally and she keeps "humping" our yorkie poo, Zsa Zsa.

She is blissfully happy and doesn't care what season it is. Not a care in the world.

Me, I am painfully aware of the season. I really would like to get rid of this humbug thing I have going on.

A friend of mine gave me a prescription for Christmas spirit suggesting I watch the movie "Elf" 5 times in a row. I had actually watched it 3 times already in the past two weeks. No change.

My daughter and I put up the tree. We started decorating. I starting purchasing a few gifts, mostly online. I still feel like something is missing.

I think it's the feeling of having small children around for the holidays. With young kids, everything is exciting and the anticipation of Christmas is contagious. I miss that.

I love my life and where my kids are in their lives. I wouldn't change a thing. But I would like for Christmas to be fun again. Maybe with grandchildren????

For now, Princess Cleo seems excited to have the tree up and for Christmas to be here. Maybe I can catch it from her.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Though you may not be "feeling" the Christmas spirit, you're demonstrating it! By adopting a rather awkward dog (who you have really made a princess in this photo...well done!). By making yourself available for a daughter who's figuring out life - the hard way. How beautiful!! If only we all had mothers with hearts as accessible and tender as yours.

Andie, aka Andemonium said...

You could come visit me and hang out with Taj and pretend he's your grandkid...cuz you're old enough for him to be! Mwahahahahaha. That helped, right? ;) Love you.