Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Comfort Food

I think it's the cold weather.

The weather affects so many things in my life. I have become pretty inactive, vegging out in front of the TV or computer. It affects my attitude towards work, how I spend my weekends and what I choose to prioritize.

But most of all, the weather affects what I want to eat. Mostly it's comfort food.

I have shared recently my obsession with macaroni and cheese - that's ongoing. My most recent post was about country ham, bacon, and homemade biscuits. Last weekend I made beef stew and vegetable soup with cornbread. Do you see a pattern here?

Last night, I decided I wanted to make cupcakes. Pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese icing. I started about 7pm and finally got them iced at about 10pm. But it was worth it. They were yummy. I shared some with work friends today since there is no way that my daughter and I could eat (or NEED to eat) so many. I didn't take a photo to share with you but the recipe for both the cupcakes and icing can be found here at Patent and the Pantry. Try them. I added pecans to the cupcakes just because I love nuts.

I guess this time of year is good for comfort food. Thanksgiving cooking is all about it. I am looking forward to next week. Call me a happy couch potato.

4 comments:

storypeople said...

I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with your plan. I don't see it including packing any cupcakes in a box and mailing them off to ... well, me, for instance.

Sigh. They read like the most delicious thing I won't be eating this week. (Hm. It made sense when I was thinking it, but something happened when words were applied. :))

Tere said...

I had yours all ready to go. Then my daughter's dog snuck in and ate them, paper and all. Sorry.

Wanda said...

Oh I'm with you sista.... That biscuit looks wonderful.

I made a big pot of potato soup and it was yummy too.

I love nuts, and my sister just send me 5 pounds of cracked walnut halves. Oh am I going to have fun baking.

Love ya
From another food lover!!

Ruth D~ said...

I hear you , sistah. I'm eating a warm brownie with ice cream as i read this. And it's after 11 at night. Why?
Comfort? Yeah!