Friday, October 3, 2008

Upside Down World

There's upside-down people who walk down the street
With upside-down shoes on their upside-down feet
In an upside-down world

There's upside-down clocks that make everyone late!

Upside-down food that won't stay on your plate
In an upside-down world
In an upside-down world!

There's upside down everything all over town
It all looks so funny that I've got to frown
'Cause a frown is a smile when it's turned upside-down
In an upside-down
What side down?
Upside-down world.


It's been a long week. Early this week, I had to "react in an appropriate manner" with 3 people. I hate it when that happens. I hate it for them. I hate it for everyone.

I had to calm people down without giving explanations. "Trust me" was what I wanted to say but how could they? They don't really know me. To them, I am just a name on a letter or voice mail message. Why would they trust me? So I didn't say it.

Yes, I am being vague. Sorry about that. It's hard to express feelings about a situation but this forum is not the place to give details about this situation.

So my real point in all of this was that I actually feel good today. It was a stressful week for all involved. But I was there. Every day. I was as honest as I could be. I addressed situations that needed to be addressed. And today, the end of the week, they now trust me. They have confidence that it will be better. That it was the right thing to do. They know me and what I stand for. They trust me.

That makes it all worth it.

3 comments:

Abraham Lincoln said...

Nice post. Lots of memories. If I did that I would be in the hospital for years.

Ruth D~ said...

Hey, as tough as it is, remaining flexible-- and I think you clearly are--is the better choice. You've got me curious, but I won't nag. :>)

Glad it worked out as it should. there's a big lesson there for all of us who need to learn to relax and trust.

Tere said...

I re-read this post later and I was even more vague than I intended! Basically, I had to fire 3 people. Not because they were bad people, they were'nt. But with children, you can't take any chances. And the people I was asking to trust me . . . families of the children.