Friday, October 24, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays (or Fridays as the case may be)

I love rainy days. They hold no gloom for me. I enjoy sitting in my sunroom - yes, I see the irony - and listening to the sound of the rain, watching as it drips and falls off the eaves of the house and the leaves of the surrounding trees. I am suddenly aware of the need to clean out the gutters but I can easily put that out of my mind until another day.

Today is such a day. My boss said to all of us, "Good job, go home early." I did not hesitate. I headed for the grocery store, intent on acquiring the necessary ingredients for yummy chili. I was soaked by the spitting rain as I loaded the bags into the trunk of the car. That's ok, I thought, as I headed home. Chilly and wet just means I will get home and change into my long sleeve tshirt, yoga pants, and fuzzy socks. Which is exactly what I did.

I will be catching up on my DVR shows this afternoon, snuggled up under a throw, listening to the rain.

It's a good day.

4 comments:

Andie, aka Andemonium said...

I'm so jealous! I wish it rained here, ever. Until it does, I can picture myself sitting in your sun room, holding a quilt, and having you cook me chili. :)-

Wanda said...

Sounds like the perfect day... the photo is stunning.

Chili and fuzzy socks sounds so inviting.....

LOL:) Wanda

Ruth D~ said...

Beautiful picture. I, too, love a rainy day. So cozy . . . acurl up and read day . . . or a make chile day.

Tom Mayer said...

I enjoy rainy days, too. Sometimes when the rain is not that heavy and the sun is shining I'm fond of going out and enjoying the smell of wet asphalt and fresh air.