Thursday, April 24, 2008

Busted

Traffic School. Boooorrrrring. So do you think the instructors, who were both police officers, didn't see through the "what would you do if" questions? Do the attendees think that traffic school was their opportunity to find ways to get around the law? People always surprise me with their willingness to show their ignorance.

I get to spend 8 hours in traffic school because an officer said that I did not stop, in the middle of the night, on a Wednesday night, in a quiet suburban neighborhood, at a very confusing stop sign. I admitted to the judge that, because it was the middle of the night and it was obviously clear, I probably did not stop the three whole seconds. She said I did not stop at all. So who ya gonna believe??? Probably the officer, right?

So I sat in class last night with 20 other people seeking to keep the points off their license. There were teenagers, older men, college age kids, and young moms. The instructor said that if we participated, we would get out early. If that's true, I will be glad to yell out answers. The young woman next to me texted people the whole time with her cell phone held under the table. The mom in me wanted to snatch it out of her hand and tell her to pay attention! But I held back. And we watched red light camera videos, including crashes and one in which 2 pedestrians, one of which was a child, were hit. I think the officer actually kind of gets off on those because he kept rewinding it and playing it again. Several people looked away and didn't watch. We got out about an hour early.

I have to go back next Wednesday evening for 4 more hours.

Can't wait.

0 comments: