Friday, March 7, 2008

Where Did All The Good People Go?

I was called trusting today. I don't consider that a bad thing but I think that the person that made the statement did not mean it as a compliment. I am also objective and cautious, not naive at all. But I do trust until it's proven that I should not. And the worst thing anyone can do in my eyes is to cause me to not trust them.

This has been a tough week at work. I have been dealing with mean people. People that want to do others harm. Not children. Adults hurting other other adults that I care about. I am not talking physically. It's more mental, psychological, emotionally destructive.

I am remaining objective and neutral. I am collecting facts and considering all of it. I feel I know the truth. But I have to be patient and allow things to play out. I am not patient. But it is the right thing to do.

I believe in Karma. I have for a long time. I believe we are put here on earth to better ourselves by learning from others and to impact other's lives in positive ways. I try to live that daily.

My mother always taught me that people are put into your life for a reason. You are supposed to learn something from them. They come into your life at the time that you need that lesson. So I try to look at every situation, every person, and ask what I am supposed to learn. When I do this, it causes me to look at the situation more objectively.

I am asking myself that question now. What am I supposed to learn? I don't know yet. I will keep asking until I figure it out.

I am tired. It's Friday evening. I have poured a glass of Diet Coke and added a dash, maybe more, of Maker's Mark bourbon. Right now, I am only going to focus on the me in the picture above. It was Halloween, probably 1965. My mom sewed my costume out of my old bedroom curtains. I was happy. I was trusting. There were no mean people.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Don't ever lose your sense of trust!! It's a beautiful thing even if the world does not understand it.

I loved your narative ~ You have such a gift of words and painting pictures with them.

Love the picture of you in your Halloween costume.

Yes, we all have a purpose, and you are fulfilling yours by being who you are!! Where did all the good people go?? You are one, I am one ~~~ and there are a lot more out there ~~~~
Love and Hugs
Wanda

Tere said...

Thanks Wanda.