Sunday, March 9, 2008

My Credit Cards Might Blow Up


I have a week long company meeting next week in San Antonio. It is the end of winter, almost spring. It snowed this weekend and today it is around 45 degrees. I am sick of dark colors and warm clothes. I need some color in my life. It is supposed to be 75 - 85 degrees throughout the week in San Antonio.

So I decided I needed a new outfit for the meeting. My daughter wanted to go looking for prom dresses. We started in an outdoor shopping area that has most of the same stores as the mall. I hate the mall. Lane Bryant was my first stop. After trying on several things, I settled on a pair of jeans and a dressy jacket. The jacket will work perfectly over my black dress for the cocktail reception next week. Cha-ching!

My daughter didn't find any prom dresses at the other stores so I gave in and we headed for the mall. Our first department store was having a big sale. I found nothing but my daughter found the perfect prom dress. She is sort of a "hippie chick" and the dress is not a traditional prom dress. She did the whole "prom thing" last year - shiny, expensive dress, hair at Aveda, makeup at Mac, dinner at The Melting Pot, etc. This year, she and her boyfriend want to keep it simple. Her dress is totally "her" and it was on sale! Cha-ching!

We headed for another department store where I hit the mother-load. I found four outfits that will be perfect for next week and that will work really well for work. Cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching!

On the way out of the mall, the shoe department was calling my name. Two pairs of shoes for me and a pair of Rainbow sandals for my daughter, cha-ching, cha-ching.

I am supposed to get my bonus check next week. I think I just spent it today.

4 comments:

Ruth D~ said...

Ha! What's a bonus for if not to blow in a day! Was it worth it?

Ruth D~ said...

Meant to say . . . You will love San Antonio. I have some pix I should post of Flickr for you to see. You have a field day with your camera.

Wanda said...

Have a great time!!

Tere said...

Ruth - love San Antonio, was there in November too. I would love to see your pics.

Wanda - Thanks, it was kind of fun, even for work.