Friday, February 22, 2008

Champagne and Bubble Baths

I am a firm believer in doing things that make you happy. I love bubble baths. I am also fond of champagne. Together, they make me happy.

There was no celebration. There doesn't have to be one. It's the end of the week. I was home alone. It was a cold, rainy day. A bubble bath sounded lovely.

There was a bottle of champagne in the fridge from New Year's Eve. Champagne should be enjoyed because you like it, not just for special occasions.

Home alone, a bubble bath and a flute of champagne. It's a great way to end the long week. A great way to relax. Doing something for myself, just because I enjoy it.

Do something for yourself. Today. Don't wait for a special occasion. Today is the perfect occasion.

Also the perfect occasion for one of those silly but fun question games, edited for space.

Something you hate more than anything?
Stupid people. Not uneducated, just stupid.

One person you'd travel across the country to see?
My family lives all over the country so it would be them even though I have yet to take that road trip.

Someone just handed you $100,000,000 now what?
I plan how to spend a windfall while I am driving long distances so I have thought of this many times. I would pay off or buy each of my siblings and my father's houses. I would bring my entire family and their families to Gatlinburg for a week in a huge cabin. Then I would take them all somewhere for a family vacation every year. I would take my children to Europe. I would build my dream home, as well as a couple of vacation homes. I would travel with my kids all over the world. I would take classes. I would set up a charitable foundation. I would buy whatever the heck I wanted.

What's one business you'd start if you could?
A photography studio.

Your phone rings, who are you expecting?
Hopefully one of my kids letting me know where they are. Or my dream date.

You go into Walmart and have $20 to spend, what do you buy?
Paper towels and dog food. How boring is that?

You're able to go back into your life and change one thing, what is it?
My sister said it best - I'd make my Mom have radiation after her mastectomy. She'd probably still be here if she did.

Who's been the greatest friend to you throughout your life?
My Mom has always been my best friend. I have other, really close friend but right now, my kids are my closest friends.

When driving, what was one of the strangest things you've seen?
A tire bouncing across the interstate, hitting the car in front of me.

What was the best trip you've ever been on?
The trip to NY with my kids was one of the best.

You have one last meal to eat before you die, what is it?
Ummm, my mom's chicken n' dumplings, my mammaw's biscuits, my mother-in-law's mashed potatoes, green beans and sweet potato casserole, my mammaw's coconut cake, mom's chicken tacos, can you tell I love food?

Where will you be 12 hours from now?
Photographing a wedding.

Who do you wish you were with right now?
I kind of like being alone, chillin' right now. Although, I'm always looking for a soulmate.


Is your life simple or complicated?
Kind of complicated. I'm really trying to simplify.

Would you go back in time if you were given the chance?
Yes - give me a time machine. I am a genealogist and I have so many questions about family members that I would love to be able to ask them in person. The opportunity to know them during the historical time period in which they lived would be fascinating to me.

Do you think you are a good parent?
I am the best parent my children have.

What's your favorite kind of ice cream?
Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk.

Is your current hair color your natural hair color?
It's my natural color as I remember it. But it is covering up what has become my natural color - grey.

True or False: Everything happens for a reason.
TRUE. Absolutely.

Do you follow the rules?
I am such a rule follower. Unless they are ridiculous. It's really all about the karma.

4 comments:

Ruth D~ said...

Tiny bubbles! And I thought I was treating myself when I read in a bubble bath. I was missing a key element. Love your philosophy.

Wanda said...

Yes, Yes, Yes! You know how to relax....!!!

Tere said...

Ruth - champagne makes everything better!

Wanda - That is one thing I do know. Though I choose to call it relaxing rather than lazy.

calimountainmama said...

Um...nice survey! :)