Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Working From Home

I could really get used to this. I am really liking it. But I can't get used to it. The real world will be calling me back soon.

I have been working from home this week. As I explained in a previous post, I have a big presentation due next week. It is easier to do it at home where there are no salespeople ringing in to sell our company a new time saving device, cleaning product, or computer. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that they have a job to do. But c'mon people, know something about the business you are calling. We are a large corporation with over 2000 locations. We have large departments in a tall office building with a beautiful view of Mt. Hood out in Portland, Oregon that "do all that" for us. Little ole' me in Knoxville, Tennessee can't help you make your quota. Sorry. But I digress.

So, I am working from home this week. It is quiet. I can work in my sweats with no makeup. I can drink coffee and snack on pretty little cookies. And get some laundry done too. It has really improved my attitude towards the presentation.

But I feel a little guilty. I am truly accomplishing so much more than I would in my office. I am working later. Last night, I was still working at almost 10pm. But that whole "work ethic" thing we baby boomers have kind of gets in the way of completely enjoying this time. That's something I will have to try to get over. Maybe I can work on that tomorrow. While I am working from home. In my sweats.

0 comments: