Sunday, December 2, 2007

I Love My Camera

I really, really, really, love my camera. I carry it with me everywhere I go. It is a little weird. And it gets on my kid's nerves sometimes. It is my passion. I am not really that great but I am learning more every day. Flickr has really helped and I love the challenges and seeing what creative things other photographers are doing.

Last weekend, Casey and I went shopping and to lunch. While we were waiting for our food, I pulled out my camera. She is always willing to smile for me. EXCEPT when I have the flash on. That draws attention to the crazy lady behind the camera and she doesn't want people to notice that she is with a crazy person.

If I am bored, I take pictures. Usually of my feet. If I am happy, I take pictures. Today we raked leaves. After raking up a big ole' pile, I called Casey and asked her to jump in and let me take some pictures. She called Chase to come out with her and the madness ensued. It started with him tackling her and then moved on to a leaf fight. Chase won. Then they buried each other. Then they tossed our 3-legged Pomeranian, Cleo, into the leaves and she tried to "swim" out.

The whole time, I was snapping pictures. I took 92 before it was all over. Then I moved inside. Casey wanted to do some more decorating. I wanted to take some more photos. I have been trying this new technique called "bokeh" and wanted to practice. This is an example:

So I practiced and she decorated. Zack joined us and hummed Christmas carols. Casey told him she was going to rip his head off if he didn't stop. Don't you love the holidays?

So yes, I love my camera. Photography is my passion. But part of the reason I love it so much is that I use it to document our life. My children will one day be able to look back on and recall everyday things, not just special events. That's my excuse today anyway.

0 comments: