Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Happy Birthday Brother Boy


He is my baby brother. It's his birthday today. He is almost older than dirt. And he is still younger than me! But he is a grandfather. So that makes him seem older anyway.

The picture of us when we were wee little babes is one of my favorites. It reminds me of my Mom telling me that I would take his hand and say "I hold he yittle hand". For those that don't speak Tere, that is "I will hold his little hand". He was always my bestest buddy. But he is not little anymore. He is kind of a giant now at six foot six. Now he is my grown up brother with lots of children. He has five, ranging in age from 3 to 23. And he is a grandfather. A snowboarding grandfather. He has 3 boys and 2 girls and I am sure that they think he is pretty cool. He really is a great dad.

And he is so funny. I say all the time that he reminds me of a white Will Smith. Cool, smart, and funny. A story: We were visiting at Dad's about a year ago and I had just gotten a new bra. You know ladies, when you get a new bra with all it's support mechanisms, it sometimes stands on it's own. Well mine was standing on it's own across my suitcase. He saw it. There was no living it down after that. So when I left to go home and he went to the airport, I received this email:

Top 6 Uses For Tere's Bra
6: TeePee for miniature ponies.
5: Homeless shelter for midgets.
4: Jock strap for Andre the Giant.
3: Caution cones for Golf cart path.
2: Dirty pillow covers for big beautiful fembots.
1: Dunce hat for siamese twins.


So Happy Birthday Baby Brother. I love you and I will always be there to hold your not so little hand.

0 comments: