Monday, November 19, 2007

I'm On Vacation Ya'll

The leaves on the trees around Knoxville are every color you can imagine. The tree outside my home office window is a deep orange and when the sun shines through, the leaves glow. This is my favorite time of the year.

I am on vacation and not doing anything, just hanging out, doing laundry, reading magazines, catching up on the Tivo. I will be doing the grocery store/Sam's Club thing tomorrow in preparation for our Wednesday feast. And tidying up before the family arrives.

We will leave on Thursday to head for Alabama. We have really neglected the Priest side of the family for quite some time. Since both kids are working it has become increasingly difficult to get them both at any one place at any one time. My schedule is pretty flexible but it has been a long time since we had both kids in Alabama for a visit at the same time. My side of the family comes here so it works out a little easier. But my brother-in-law and his wife live 8 hours away and have 3 children under 10 years old. Not a fun trip to make. So they come up from Mobile to Montgomery (a more manageable 3 hour trip) and we come down from Tennessee to Montgomery (a not so bad 5 - 6 hour trip) and we meet in the middle . . . well, sort of.

This year, Casey will be with me, Zack has to work on Friday. Not unusual. With both kids in retail on the craziest shopping day of the year, it's amazing Casey doesn't have to work too. But she does work on Saturday so we will turn around and head back on Friday afternoon. Then we will do it all again at Christmas.

But until then, I am on vacation Ya'll! Just chillin'!

0 comments: