Thursday, November 15, 2007

He Wants To Grow Up

He really does want to grow up. He tries. But he is a Mama's boy. I have spent the last year pushing him out of the nest. He wouldn't go. He left willingly about 3 years ago, tried it for a year and came back. I knew he wasn't ready but had to let him try. He has been in the guest room since then. He is 21. He is not terribly self motivated. He is a great son but it is time for him to go. I think he might be ready.

All he wants for Christmas is the deposit for an apartment in the old city. He is doing well in his 2 part time jobs and was just offered a full time job. He accepted the full time job and is going to keep one or both of the part time jobs. He had it all figured out - the money, the rent, the "budget" and how he would pay his other bills. This is the most motivation I have seen from him in a long time.

Then today, one of the PT places asked him to apply for the manager position at another store. No guarantee of getting the job but WOW! Dilemma. He is submitting a resume today. We will see what happens.

I am really excited for him. Things are finally looking up. He has found something he is good at, he fits in, prospects are good. He is TRYING and that is more than I have seen him do for the last 2 years. I am happy for him. And I think he might be happy too. I haven't seen that in a long time either. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

0 comments: