Thursday, October 11, 2007

Welcome to my life

My first blog! I have actually managed a blog before but it was at work as a part of a "biggest loser" contest. I was "not the biggest loser" but I did lose a few pounds. Speaking of - I am continually a member of the gotta lose the weight group. I attend Weight Watchers and follow the program but I am pretty rebellious and don't always make the right choices. Especially if given a goal but that's a whole other story.

I love food. Growing up, every event centered around the food. The best times were when all the family and relatives were gathered around the table, laughing, telling stories. The food was always fantastic because Mom, her mom and sister were all wonderful cooks. So food was associated with good times. And it still is. You start talking about having something (family get together, meeting, etc.) at my house and I start talking about what I will serve. Don't get me wrong, I am not a pig - obsessed with food, needing to eat every moment of the day. I eat too much when I do eat and, like I said, don't always make the right choices, but I am focused on getting the weight off eventually. By the way - the "weight" is 100 pounds!!! How the heck did I get that overweight????????????????

I started this blog as sort of a diary. I carry a couple of small notebooks with me and occasionally write things down but I do much better when I am on the computer. I like to write and people tell me I am pretty good at it. But they are members of my extended family and maybe they just have'nt read any good books lately. But I do enjoy it. I spend so much time in my head thinking, thinking, that I need to get some things out of there and in writing so I can move on.

Things I want to write about:

My kids - Zack and Casey. Zack is 21 and Casey will be 18 soon. "Nuff said"
My Mom - Mom died on September 10th, 2005 of breast cancer. I have A LOT to say about that.
Daily stuff - I spend a lot of time driving in my car and I think about a lot of stupid stuff.
Current events - There are just not enough people out there talking about Brittney.
Movies and Music - I love them. All kinds.
Controversial stuff - I used to believe I thought like everyone else. I am sure now that I don't.
My art and the creative process - Yes, photography and scrapbooking really are art.

So hopefully someone out there will enjoy what I have to say. I cannot imagine that I will actually post daily but I might. I guess I will just see where this goes.

Tere

1 comments:

Andie said...

I'll enjoy what you have to say. We write a lot alike, and you're slowly inspiring me.....